For me it’s the notification light you used to find on older phones, was particularly good to know if your phone was charged without picking it up

• Mario_Dies.wav@lemmy.dbzer0.com
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Oh, my problem isn’t with charging them. They actually hold a charge for a super long time.

I’d like bluetooth earbuds a lot more if I could find some that aren’t “smart.” If I put on a beanie, I bump them. If I remove one earbud to converse, I bump it. I’ve not once intentionally used a gesture-based control on an earbud for anything else other than undoing the situation I’ve caused by bumping them. Otherwise, I control everything with my phone. If I’m working out, I just select my playlist, mute notifications, and I don’t have to touch anything after that. Gesture-based earbuds are not for me.

I really don’t think there are dumb bluetooth earbuds, though. At least, I haven’t been able to find any.

And I don’t mind cables as much as you do. I think my favorite earbuds would be those that are connected to each other by a cable, but again – only if they were not smart.

• wildginger@lemmy.myserv.one
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

For most of these, turning off touch controls means that when you accidentally trigger the touch commands, it plays a little jingle and pushes a notification telling you that youve disabled touch controls and you need to reenable them.

Completely defeating the fucking point of turning off touch controls, and making me want to wrap my hands around the throat of the idiot who designed that

• Person264@lemmings.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          edit-2
          6 months ago

On my buds if I turn on “block touches” and I touch them nothing happens, no jingle or notification. But yeah that does sound like a stupid feature

• Mario_Dies.wav@lemmy.dbzer0.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I’ll look into it. The only bluetooth earbuds I currently have are an off brand called SYNRGY. Maybe there’s some setting that I’m not aware of to disable touch controls too. I’ve also considered applying a few coats of clear nail polish. Maybe that would work?

I actually don’t know anyone who has the official Samsung ones.

• lightnsfw@reddthat.com
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

The brand is Jabra, they have an app associated with them where you can change various settings on how the earbuds work. One of them is what the buttons do.

• clearleaf@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

This might sound crazy but apple earbuds would be good for you. I actually like having pause and skip buttons, and apparently these do have controls when you touch them, but that’s never worked for me. I think it’s intentionally broken on android which in your case makes them good.