Is there a decent FOSS pic viewer for Mac? I have quite a lot of photos, and using finder/preview to show people my images is pretty clunky, and using darktable isn’t really ideal either. I’m just after something that allows for a quick and simple skimming through folders, and a nice clean display of the chosen image.

• carl_dungeon@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    8 months ago

Just checking- you’re aware of quicklook, the quicklook gallery view, and the finder gallery view too right? Because they’re kind of exactly what you’re describing and they’re built in.

• TheBiscuitLout@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      8 months ago

Well colour me stupid. That’s the first mention I’ve seen of that function, it would have made life a lot easier!

I wondered why no one had developed a nice easy little app to do that… it’s such a simple and functional execution of the idea, and I’m kind of guessing that I’ve not run into it before because it’s so basic that everyone assumes that everyone already knows about it, because what kind of a numbskull wouldn’t?!

Thanks, that really was the best possible solution!

• carl_dungeon@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        8 months ago

Hey no problem, that’s why I asked. If you select all in a folder, mash spacebar and then full screen the resulting gallery, you can scroll thumbs, and switch to full screen with arrow key nav super quick. Then just esc to leave. I use it all the time for stuff not in the photos library, and since it all has key commands, minimal mousing!