Who’s gearing up for 24 Hours of Cross Stitch this weekend?

For once I’ve actually remembered its happening, so to celebrate maybe I’ll actually take part! Not sure I can really manage 24 whole hours but maybe if I make it a long weekend and fudge the numbers slightly 😅

Only problem is I’m supposed to be #sewing this weekend as well…hmm this is gonna be a busy few days!

Who else is in?

#CrossStitch #24HOCS #24HoursOfCrossStitch

@lemmy_stitch

• witless@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Why, what happens in May?

I’ve seen one challenge that was about making 30 starts in 30 days but that would be a disaster in my house. I’m not sure what it was called though.

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.eeM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Yeah so there’s so-called Stitch Maynia which is the one you’re thinking of. But then I think people realised how unsustainable that was and now there are about a million offshoots and competing May challenges.

Medieval May was a new one I saw around the place this year, and a friend of mine is trying to get something called Moody May off the ground too. Of course a lot of people take an existing challenge and just make up their own rules, which is how we get vaguely-defined variants like Stitch Sania.

Then there’s the fact that the 100 Day Project runs through May as well…basically there’s a lot going on at once!

I learned early on that such challenges are not for me and I have enough stress in my life as it is without making cross stitch into another source of it 😅