I’m using KeePass currently, since I don’t really want to use anything publicly hosted. But I was curious to see what other people have been using!

• malthas@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

1Password because we’re an Apple household (aside from my work laptop, and even then it’s easy enough to use through the web interface). The main thing that irks me about it is that they keep offering discounts for new subscribers but longtime users have to keep paying the full price. But I’ve been considering switching to Proton for email, and they’re in the process of rolling out a password manager that seems similar so I may be switching to that sooner rather than later.

• QHC@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Another very happy 1Password user here!

I switched my workplace to 1Password and I moved from Dashlane at the same time. One thing that’s nice about 1P from that perspective is that our plan gives everyone a free personal account that they could take with them if they left the company (they’d have to pay for it themselves at that point of course).

Usability is the best of any password manager I’ve used, but the killer feature for us as a development team was the flexibility. Being able to assign the same credentials to multiple URLs (e.g. dev, stage, QA, prod) was just not possible with everything else we looked at the time.

• amnesiacrobat@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

+1 for 1Password. I used and loved Bitwarden but there’s a few things that 1Password can do, especially on PC, that Bitwarden can’t. IMO it’s worth the extra $20ish dollars a year.

But since there’s no free tier, I do recommend Bitwarden to folks who don’t use one since their free tier is fantastic.