Bromite’s actively maintained fork is going to have its own branding starting from next release according to the latest release notes:

Please note: this is the last release, the next one will be in https://github.com/uazo/cromite

• Pat@kbin.run
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      11 months ago

Should be using AdNauseam by default imo. Based on uBlock but also clicks on every ad to cost advertisers money for wasted clicks.

• XpeeN@sopuli.xyz
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Actually I had a discussion with the same claim on reddit a year ago or so when he stated to use bromide instead when updated at his fdroid repo at mulch wv page, and divestos’s dev replied himself and basically took his words back (can’t find the source, sry, but I’m u/xpeen and you’re welcome to search the comments too lol).

Also, I too see no reasons to use chromium based browser on PC, I rarely use it on mobile when I HAVE to.

• smpl
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Why would they disable scroll-to-text-fragment? That’s one of the things I’d like more browsers to agree on a standard for. I don’t care which standard, but this seems to be the only one in use that’ll let me link to a place on a page that doesn’t have an anchor. Anything privacy related I missed?