• Squizzy@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    Ā·
    6 months ago

Iā€™m absolutely fine with trans jokes or dead baby jokes or literally anything, just make sure and not to forget the joke part

• kellyaster@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      Ā·
      6 months ago

Yeah, these arenā€™t even jokes, more like some weirdass gross power fantasy.

ā€œGod forbid I ever go to jail. But if I do, I hope itā€™s in California. Soon as the judge sentences me, Iā€™ll be like, ā€˜Before you sentence me, I want the court to know I identify as a woman. Send me to a womanā€™s jail.ā€™ As soon I get in there, you know what Iā€™mma be doing. ā€˜Give me your fruit cocktail, bitch, before I knock your motherfucking teeth out. Iā€™m a girl, just like you, bitch. Come here and suck this girl dick I got. Donā€™t make me explain myself. Iā€™m a girl.'ā€

I am trans, and itā€™s hard to not take the insults personally, especially since this ā€œedgy comedyā€ is coming from a comedian I used to admire and respect. What the fuck, Dave?

• TheFriar@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        edit-2
        6 months ago

I canā€™t believe thatā€™s a real joke he toldā€”thatā€™s not even a joke. I honestly havenā€™t watched any of his polemic ones because I just didnā€™t care to watch his standup anymore. When he lost his bright, loose energy he used to have during performances, I just wasnā€™t interested anymore. And now this is how far one of the previous greats has fallen?

• markr@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          Ā·
          6 months ago

Itā€™s a classic. Rape! Ha ha ha. Amirite? It takes true genius to think that up. /s.

I had no clue his act was that pathetic.

• oakey66@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        6 months ago

You have to be just the ultimate asshole to think this is funny. When he did the equivalent of ā€œmy best friend is transā€ qualifier on stage, the rabbit hole he went down became pretty obvious. Heā€™s so talented that he doesnā€™t have a single person who can give him feedback. I guarantee you heā€™s surrounded by yes men and other comedians who are too chicken shit to say anything. Money and power corrupt always.

• tegs_terry@feddit.uk
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        6 months ago

Itā€™s like a ricky gervais joke without the irony. What we have here is a guy with a grudge. He got cut; now heā€™s lashing out. Iā€™m pretty sure jo rowling did the same thing.

• RGB3x3@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        6 months ago

Thatā€™s just the recycled joke every conservative talking head has told. Itā€™s not even creative.

Same joke about bathrooms or sports. ā€œIā€™ll just tell them Iā€™m a woman, hurr durr.ā€

Get new material if youā€™re going to try to be edgy, Dave.

• Elderos@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        Ā·
        6 months ago

Louis CK can jokes about pedos and yet it is hilarious and generally well-received. This joke gives strong ā€œI identify as an attack helicopterā€ energy. It is not funny, and heā€™s basically just repeating the shitty talking points of right-wing pundits, and without sarcasm. It is humour-by-applause, it is not meant to be a satirical joke, but to have people who agree applause and cheers.

• Squizzy@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        Ā·
        6 months ago

Thatā€™s the type of joke someoneā€™s uncle would make in the bar after a few too many, or the one you think of and know better than to vocalize itā€¦ because it isnā€™t really funny.

• dylanmorgan@slrpnk.net
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      Ā·
      6 months ago

Iā€™ve thought for quite some time thereā€™s fertile ground for jokes about the trans experience, but they really need to be told by people who have lived that experience. There is something cosmically funny about being born into one body and feeling it is the wrong one.

• dylanmorgan@slrpnk.net
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          Ā·
          6 months ago

In general it takes a level of skill to tell a joke about a marginalized group without punching down that is exceptionally rare. For example, I can think of one or two male comedians who have told rape jokes that did not make rape victims the butt of the joke. If a trans person tells a joke about the trans experience and fucks it up, other trans people wonā€™t feel like a cis person is just adding to the atmosphere of hate toward them.

• moriquende@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            Ā·
            6 months ago

I think it definitely needs to be done tactfully and without hate, but joking about one another is an important part of being included and feeling like we all belong together.

• Holyhandgrenade@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            Ā·
            6 months ago

My philosophy of comedy is that you can joke about any tragedy you want, but make it absolutely fucking crystal clear that you are on the victimā€™s side. Plus, punching up is always funnier than punching down.