It keeps trying to scroll and there’s no way I can stop it from doing that

• dmention7@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Weird, just noticed this a minute ago too. I know I had seen some posts asking for such a feature, which is kind of an interesting idea but definitely needs to be toggle-able! Especially when opening media links in the internal browser!

• anowhere@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

I think this disabling of the Volume buttons is related to the Comment Navigator feature.

This is in the Settings / Comments Customization / More info / Comment Navigator

If you turn ON Comment Navigator, then when you press volume up or down it goes to the next / previous comment. However, this disables the normal volume up or down function.

If you turn OFF Comment Navigator, this ALSO disables the normal volume up or down function!

So it appears Connect may be hijacking the volume buttons, within the Connect app. If you switch to another app, the volume buttons work.

• madsen@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Turning off Comment Navigator in the settings unfortunately doesn’t do anything for me wrt my volume buttons. Doesn’t matter what I set it to, it still eats my volume presses and uses it for comment navigation.

This is definitely a setting that should be off by default. Hijacking hardware buttons and changing their function is a huge no-no, IMO.

Edit: Comment Navigator seems to refer to the “Done”, “Hide”, “Parent”, etc. buttons above a selected comment.

Edit 2: Update fixed it. Thanks a ton!

• Sleepkever@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Interesting idea but it should definitely not be on by default and if it is enabled it should still allow volume changes when content is open instead of a comment list. Breaking system default behavior like this on a non beta branch is just bad. A reason for me to start looking at alternatives.

• Kuro@lemmy.caM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Hi, an option for controlling this is coming today! Thanks and apologies for not having it in sooner.

Edit: released in v1.0.96

• nosut@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

Yea this is a pretty big issue for me. Gunna switch back to liftoff until it’s fixed.

• anowhere@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

That is odd! This is also happening on my device, using Connect v. 1.0.95.

You may be able to change the volume using your phone Settings app, in the Sound section.

• can@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

Disable volume keys scroll comments.

Wait, is there no setting? Is this a half baked implementation that accidentally got pushed out?

• artifice@lemmy.world
    cake
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I noticed this as well. I’m liking the direction this update is taking, seems a bit more optimized too. Hopefully this is a simple bug fix.