I don’t do much handheld gaming, but I’m going to have some overseas flights and long-ish train rides later this year, and may also be having surgery that will keep me fairly bedbound for about a month. I’m just not sure how much money it’s worth spending on a deck that I likely won’t use much outside of those specific cases - I bought a switch when I got covid in 2020 and used it a ton at the time but I’ve only used it a few times since, though I miiight use a deck a bit more just because I already have a pretty extensive steam library.

Is it better to stick to the cheapest model or is there enough of a difference that it might be worth spending a little more for a nicer one?

• frickineh@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I don’t have Instagram, and it won’t let me look at anything without forcing me to create an account. I looked at the website, I just wanted to see what actual users thought.

• code@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Its really what you can afford. Replacing the ssd with a bigger one is trivial if you are even remotely handy. So the real question is the screen.

Oled is amazingly better than the lcd ( i have both)

Battery life in oled is a bigger deal than i thought.

For me the antiglare screen was a big improvement aseell. My led disnt have it and my oled does. I can play in alot more sifferent liighting with less eyestrain. Some brighter places the led just wasnt acceptable to play. Ive had no issues with led and antiglare

So if its in budget get the top end oled. Else look for the 512 led with anti glare

• frickineh@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I am an old person who is big on reducing eyestrain, so that’s probably a solid argument for upgrading to an oled model. There won’t be much point in buying one if I can’t stand to play it.

• Vode An@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Every model has a different fanbase, maybe check to see if the ones your choosing between have subreddits. They usually promote free content there.