Stolen from the sub.

• Cossacks@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Just switch to top lane recently after a 10 year boutique at ADC/bot.

Currently playing Ornn, Rumble, and Renekton. Feel like I cover a lot of bases with this pool.

• Thaolin@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve been trying many champs now that the season is over to see if I can main or add another champ to my pool but I keep coming back to Shaco. He’s underpowered, but can be played in almost any role except ADC. AP shaco stops plays, AD shaco makes plays. I’m a bit older so having a flash on 8 second cooldown makes him a lot more forgiving for someone who is a bit slower to learn the game. Outside of that I’ve been enjoying Jax but i die a lot lol.

• Fizz@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    1 year ago

No one at the moment(probably cait). Previously it was shyvana because every time I played her I would be a monster running around farming everything getting huge and dueling everyone.

Before that it was naut support and it was because he looked cool and I never saw him played support. I started playing him just experimenting and trying different tanks and man it was so good I was stomping lane every game. I went from gold to plat. Then he got a major buff for the first time in a long time and people started playing him support. After that I struggled to win lane as often.

I think I’m drawn to playing things that are a bit underplayed because I can’t compete on meta Champs and meta gameplay style so I have to do something that feels right for me. I know that my imperfect playstyle will never get me to diamond but playing meta doesn’t get the other silvers to diamond either and I have more fun 😉

• B1naryB0t@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Ivern one trick! Been that way for years cause I like playing supports but I hate laming, especially with randoms. Up until recently most people didn’t even know what he did so there was a cheese factor. I like the character and the general idea of him, and I respect riot for making him as a champion knowing that he generally wouldn’t be popular

• abadadc@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

For a long while I was a Mid main and then in season 10 or 11 or so I decided to swap to ADC because I felt like I had more control over my own performance and had a better chance to carry with/for the team. I main Caitlyn now but my highest mastery is still Lux. Haven’t been able to play Caitlyn on 13.15 yet, looking forward to trying out the buffs.

• HeckingShepherd@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I main J4. I like how his kit is simple but there is a lot of skill expression with different ways to use his abilities. I also would argue that he is the most versatile champ in the game being viable in 4 roles with builds ranging from full tank to full ad to ap support. I have never really gotten board of playing him as there is always something to try. I strongly recommend people try a few different builds with him rather than only ever running Goredrinker bruiser every game

• Mr Reach @lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Left top lane last season for jungle. Normally Sejuani, Vi, or Sion, but occasionally splash some Cho’gath and Amumu in with Teemo troll picks.

• hotdaniel@lemmy.zip
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I main Malzahar/Akshan.

Malzahar because I love DoT champions. I love imagining my opponent knowing they’re going to die in the next second and there’s nothing they can do as I go back to farming the wave. Dead man walking. I love summoning the voidlings and using them to zone enemies.

But, I realize killing your opponent in the near future isn’t as useful as killing your opponent NOW, so I started playing a lot more akshan. I was an adc main to start and then kayle top for a bit. Akshan is a nice compromise, and introduction to assassin. Definitely will be trying out Naafiri when I can.

• tippfehlr
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Irelia 100% this season. Top lane feels like home since I know tactics there (I’ve been trying Irelia mid, but I’ll return to top lane)

With Irelia, when having decent farm, I can kill enemies that have significantly more items than me by outplaying. Also, it’s not unusual to come back from a lost lane with splitpushing