I read a lot of people saying this wand is great but cannot work out how to make it fit into any of my runs. I was just wondering if any of the WoT fans out there are able to give me a breakdown of how this works for them?

• grabyourmotherskeys@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I use it against enemies to let me close distance while they are charmed and it also gives shielding when you are close for that first strike.

You can also zap a few enemies to reduce the amount of damage you are taking if you find yourself fighting a bunch of mobs.

• SolidGrue@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

In addition to charming enemy mobs (good for suppressing their ranged attacks), WoT also heals allies. It’s helpful to heal Ghost, Guardian, and Spirit allies, and sometimes corrupted minions as well.

Pairs well with Wand of Corruption

• RBG
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

It also pairs well with Warlock and Ratmogrify.

You can play this “Plaguemancer” style. Summon rats, give them the soul mark with the transfusion wand and when they die they spawn wraiths.

• Adel Khial@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

WoT is my favorite wand. With battlemage ability you can make challenge runs trivial (as long as you keep a non undead enemy alive haha).

Gives a huge 60+ shield every 1.66 turns with speed augment staff.

• Gurgus@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Forgive my naivety but how do you get a 60 shield that quickly? I thought the shield it gave was super low or does it go up massively with SoU

• Adel Khial@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

If you can get a +10 staff of transfusion by the time you get your subclass is when you get the big shield.

It gives 2 x (5 + level) shield so 30 base… but empowered strike talent buffs this by 150%!!

So you get a 75 shield in the caves!

I think at least haha…