I have very little knowledge of India, but thought it might be interesting. I’d love to hear an informed comrade opinion.

• lemmyseizethemeans@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

So many parallels with the religious right in the US. Weaponising faith to forward extreme right and fascist ideologies, using it as a justification to discriminate against other people, races, nations etc. The ‘muslim ban’ that Trump put in place was just candy for the ‘evangelical’ movement.

I think Hindu Nationalism is playing the same game. Modi is fucking evil but he’s just another facet of an inherently evil system that rewards fascist behavior and works to oppress the working class by any means necessary.

• comvedml@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Modi is not evil , evil and good is a biblical concept . We had issues and historical distortions which got amplified after the fall of USSR and failure of the left world wide. Even Chinese are more nationalist than communist , it happens as civilizations are going through turbulence and cultural shifts . Colonialism and American consumerism had a detrimental effect on Indian and Chinese civilizations , chinese under the clever implementation of reforms and back tracking the same reforms to weed out corruption played a major role in solidifying the society where as us Indians got fucked by the same without a proper guidance , oh we got a bunch of fascists like Savarkar and co.