I am personally against it despite Sam Esmail’s involvement (I really liked Mr. Robot). It’s not that I don’t think it could be a good show, it’s that NBC has plenty of other properties from former science fiction shows they could redevelop, but they’re redeveloping this one instead.

If they want to reboot a show for the third time, why not V considering the first reboot was so disappointing? Or maybe go for the 90s nostalgia and reboot SeaQuest DSV or Earth 2.

And then there’s all the Sci-Fi Channel/SyFy properties they have at least some stake of ownership in.

I realize asking for something original is asking too much these days, but can’t we at least do something other than Battlestar Galactica every 20 years?

I’m willing to be open-minded and give the show a chance if it gets produced, but I don’t think it should be produced in the first place.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Even Westworld is a reboot. There were two movies in the 70s and a TV series based on those movies in the 80s. Everything is a damn reboot.

• Flying Squid@lemmy.worldOP
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

Farscape was an unofficial reboot of Blake’s 7 (created by Terry Nation, who created the Daleks). That’s never stated outright, but both shows are about a bunch of misfit criminals on the run from a tyrannical galactic government in a living ship. Also, the villain Grayza in Farscape was pretty obviously made to look like Servalan from Blake’s 7.

But I love both Blake’s 7 and Farscape and it’s not an official reboot. It’s more of a new idea that is in tribute to a previous one but does its own thing. A true reboot of Farscape would be god-awful.

They would never have the balls to reboot Lexx.

• SteefLem@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

They should stop making reboots and reallity shows. There are so many shows killed after 1 season that should get more. Or maybe extent the bsg universe or something