Deleted

• bl00dmeat@sh.itjust.works
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I’ve never had a wall charger just stop working, but I have certainly lost some, and broken a few USB ports. A good quality charger should last long enough that you’ll replace it only because newer & better charging tech is available.

• Acetamide@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Just a general PSA: you should be really careful where you get your chargers. The very cheap, low quality chargers have quite a tendency to burn your house down!

• Hank@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I read your comment like you’re in the phone charger mafia and you threaten people who buy cheaper chargers with arson.

• 1rre
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t think I’ve ever broken a charger… 4 usb c ports (on 2 phones and 2 keyboards), 1 3.5mm port and countless headphone cables but never the male usb part of a usb c

• king_dead@beehaw.org
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

You get what you pay for. I go through an assload of cheap Five Below USB chargers but the good ones that cost an arm and a leg that come with phones last forever

• Afkargh@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Slightly off topic, but if you’re staying at a hotel and forget your charger, go to the front desk and ask if they have any extras. People tend to leave them behind, so the hotel usually has spares.