Echo - S01E04 Taloa - Discussion

• Microw@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

That was a very strong Episode. From Maya finally sotting down with her grandmother to the multiple confrontations with Fisk, including her going “you dont even care enough to learn Sign for me!”. And the Hammer offer.

Also loved the guy going “everything the sun touches is yours” and Biscuit responding “isn’t that from Lion King?” 😂

• Reef@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

This was the best episode for me I think, a very solid episode all around

• MimicJar@lemmy.worldM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

It’s also interesting that not only does her family know sign, they seem to have kept up with practice.

She’s been away for years, but everyone in her family immediately jumps back in without issue. It would have been interesting to see some communication issues initially, forgetting certain words or having to finger spell them out, just to further highlight their disconnection. Further reinforcing her family caring for her as they get better at it.

• Microw@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

Apparently one of the characters signs really awkward and too literally than the actual sign. That’s what I read from someone. Cant remember which character it was though

• MimicJar@lemmy.worldM
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

I wish we got more Fisk in Hawkeye. I’m so glad we’re getting it here. He’s such a fun villain and obviously Vincent D’Onofrio plays him perfectly.

Also RIP translator lady. I was hoping for a plot line where she gets used or otherwise shares too much information. I guess Fisk thought the same.

• Son_of_dad@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Glad Maya finally called out Chula. You don’t tell a kid’s dad to gtfo and then expect his daughter to not take it personally. Telling her dad to fuck off was also telling young Maya to fuck off.