Some that come to mind are:

Benchmade - knives Darn Tough - socks Carhartt - good work gear Doc martens - footwear

What are some good reputable brands that you have had for 5 years + with little to no issues or with a lifetime warranty.

• PM_Your_Nudes_Please@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Speed queen washers and dryers.

This is the one to pay attention to. Speed Queen is what every laundromat uses, because they’re fucking rock solid and don’t need a lot of maintenance. They don’t have as many bells and whistles as a Samsung, but they’ll outlast two or three Samsungs and still be cleaning just as well as the day you bought it.

• MrEff@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

They also cost as much as 3 samsungs. I am all for buy-it-for-life, but when I can buy a nice Samsung with bells and whistles, have a better wash, lower energy use, and more flexible options on how the clothing is being washed- then why would I not buy the Samsung? My Samsung washer was 800 and the dryer was 600. A speed queen starts at 2400 each. I could buy 3 washers and then 4 dryers for that. Plus I save money on the energy cost with my Samsung eco settings.

I have a house filled with buy it for life where I can and where it makes sense. And when I bought the washer and dryers I looked into speedqueen. It didn’t make sense. And before people start saying things like “good luck replacing them in 3 years” they are already 5 years old. My 1400$ is 5 years in and doing just fine.they could break today and need to both be replaced, and I am still ahead. I think speed queen is one of the few BIFL brands that I disagree with.

• 🔰Hurling⚜️Durling🔱@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

They outlast BEACAUSE they don’t have that many bells and whistles.

Give me an old whirlpool from 15-20 years ago, those things where tanks before they started making them “Smart”