German scientists and civil rights organizations urge universities and educational institutions to abandon centralized services such as Twitter/X, TikTok, and Facebook over health and privacy issues.

Signatories say that their web presence should be established on Mastodon and other Fediverse servers, because decentralized design is “much more compatible with the rules of democratic and sustainable cooperation.”

• redd
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

Maybe they should also make a petition to the petition website… Fediverse is not included in the sharing buttons

• taladar@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

Warum ist der Link mit einem Parameter versehen der die Sprache auf italienisch stellt? Why does the link have a parameter that sets the language to Italian?

• onion@feddit.de
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Because op is italian, which ops browser told the website, which then served op the italian version, which op copied the url of and didn’t know to remove the language parameter

• ailiphilia@feddit.itOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

As @onion@feddit.de already said, I cross-posted the article from an Italian-speaking community and didn’t change the link as I noticed that the petition is in English anyway. But it’s perfectly right that there should be correct language setting. I changed the link now. My apologies for the irritation.