• BobVersionFour@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

2024 if going to be the year of Layoffs in anything creative that AI can do in gaming.

Have i not seen a article already talking about how they use AI to replicate voice of video game actor recently?

But since most of AAA are shit now anyway wont change much

• stormesp@lemm.eeOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Sadly its also going to steal the position of a lot of people on AA and middle to indie size studios that need to cut costs to actually stay alive. Obviously some studios will stay afloat without cutting people or going deep into AI content but expect that to the exception not the rule.

• Aquila@sh.itjust.works
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

It’s so dumb. Instead of struggling with AI to do what your employees did you could make your workforce 20% more productive using AI. Go further faster

• ampersandrew@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

Those two things are linked. I’m a frequent Economics Explained viewer, and the old comparison is that 1 accountant with a spreadsheet program can do what 5 accounts could do without one. If you only need the amount of productivity that that one accountant with a spreadsheet can output, that means you don’t need four of your accountants anymore.

• BobVersionFour@kbin.social
            link
            fedilink
            arrow-up
            ·
            6 months ago

To use the accountant exemple AI right now or at least the way corp seem to use it is like asking someone without any accountant or spreadsheet knowledge to do the job of 5 accountant sure it might work but for how long and how many accountant you gonna need to repair and clear the problem later but that part don’t interest them only short sight profit is important

• ampersandrew@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              6 months ago

If they want to put out poor quality products in pursuit of short term profit, they can deal with long-term consequences as they lose their customers’ trust. This game is reviewing quite well at the moment, and most of the ways we’re fearing AI will be used will result in poor quality products. I’d argue Ubisoft has been putting out poor quality products for a long time, and even this game won’t be available in a form that I can consume it due to the short-term deal they made with Epic.

• Katana314@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I don’t know if you could call this a positive, but I’ve definitely seen signs that the results of these projects will routinely turn out soulless and flop hard. In the past few years we’ve seen some VERY well-funded projects turn out as total flops. If that’s happening even with human creative input and corrective steering, what should we expect from AI following a straight algorithm?

• Big P@feddit.uk
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I don’t think this is a direct result of AI, I think that will take a lot longer to become a problem