remember, regardless of how outspoken you are in life, nothing will stop the capitalists from reanimating your defiled corpse into a shitheaded centrist zombie if there’s a buck in it:

“I’d just like to say that as much as I think billionaires are destroying the fabric of society with unchecked greed and blatant self-interest at the expense of basic human rights for everyone else, it is a little strange to me that people get mad at them. People are the ones who gave them the money in the first place," the AI Carlin said.

(editor’s note: the above is supposed to be a joke from the comedy special these fucking assholes hijacked Carlin’s corpse to promote. I can’t find the punchline, but it’s supposed to be a joke)

• 🇰 🔵 🇱 🇦 🇳 🇦 🇰 ℹ️@yiffit.net
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    6 months ago

I am definitely against using someone, especially a dead someone, to make money off of like this.

But I am watching the special, 15 minutes in, and it’s actually kinda funny. Sounds more like an impersonation (exactly as it claims) than the real deal, but the material is spot on. Mostly. There are some jokes that aren’t really there. Or at least, they fall flat because the AI delivery is far from perfect.

The stuff about God? Perfect. The bit about the child having unforeseen mental trauma due to seeing his classmates gunned down in a school shooting? Has potential, with the right delivery but was more shocking than funny. The quoted joke? Has a punchline; it just isn’t very good.

• invertedspear@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

If the jokes are good, they shouldn’t need an AI Carlin to deliver them. Carlin was great because he wasn’t a coward, the people running this are hiding behind his image.

• korny@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

I agree, I listen to the podcast this came from originally and they do some really interesting stuff. The one they did with Tom Brady was really funny as well and actually got a cease and desist from his lawyers, I feel like they did this one a little better in that regard at least.

I watched the special last night and it’s actually pretty good and they’re very open multiple times that it’s not actually George Carlin.