I assume “Other purposes” is govt kickbacks to mining and gas companies 😬

• Emu@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

sometimes accessibility and user experience is more important than "its available if you look for it.: 99% of people don’t really have time, they have families, jobs, some leisure, cooking, paying bills, visiting family. etc. etc. So it should be easy and the FACT that it isn’t easy is purposeful whereas the Australian system is purposefully easy.

• Hazdaz@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I don’t disagree with your sentiment, but again, it IS easy. It took me less than 10 seconds to find the link I provided. Sure, make it even easier still by including it with every tax return, but let’s not kid ourselves - this shit is incredibly easy but average taxpayers just don’t want to bother.

• dragonflyteaparty@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

I would argue average taxpayers don’t know it exists and a ton of them, particularly older ones have a very hard time with technology. I’ve had to show my mother in law how to get a url from her phone to her desk top, I’ve explained what the read mode means in Firefox, and numerous other things. Easy for you doesn’t mean easy for everyone.