Did you buy a gift card from them? Did it work and how long did it take to get the card?

I think cake wallet has rather good reputation in monero community, so I decided to try the cakepay to buy a gift card. So far the experience was quite awful - I either got scammed or their service/support is terrible. My gift card was paid for more than a week ago - but I still haven’t received it. Timeline:

• Dec 27 - paid monerojis for a gift card - the payment went through but the order indicates that there was some problem with the payment and I need to contact them by email with order id to resolve it (which I did at the same day). I receive a standard “Request received” email and that’s it.
  • Dec 29 - I write a comment under their advertisement post here on monero.town, where I tag the author of the post @vikrantnyc@monero.town and ask about the situation - it still has no answer as of today (Jan 4).
  • Dec 31 - finally (after 4 days!) I receive answer from their support where they basically tell me that indeed the problem was on their end, and I “should be receiving an email with the gift card details shortly”.
  • Jan 2 - I write another email saying I still haven’t got the gift card.
  • Jan 4 (today) - no response and no gift card.

Honestly, even if it gets resolved I’m quite unlikely to use their services again… Curious to hear what experience other folks had with cakepay…

Some screenshots/proofs under a spoiler:

screenshots

• Saki@monero.town
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

According to @azalty@monero.town, Cake Pay works fine if you’re fine with KYC, and otherwise you may just lose your money: https://monero.town/post/872283

If you’re a privacy advocate not fully supporting KYC but want to try this anyway, then try a small amount, because you may lose all your money. Another recent option is more privacy-friendly and KYC-free, but the fees are higher with them.

• azalty@monero.town
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      2 months ago

@azalty@jlai.lu actually, but I own both accounts :)

I didn’t send my ID so I wasn’t able to get what I paid for. Can’t say for sure that it works fine if you do send it, but I assume it would. Avoid anyways, not worth it to send your ID and stuff to shady companies.