“We have issued the last package that we had withdrawn and for which we had funding,” John Kirby said. White House National Security Council strategic communications coordinator John Kirby said at a briefing Thursday that “the assistance we were providing has come to a halt.”

The White House official also said it is very important that Congress continues to approve the allocation of money to Ukraine. He stressed that Kiev needs help more urgently during the winter period.

• Froyn@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

It’s clear that Ukraine is of “National Security Interests”. So I vote we just take a lil bit of the budget allocated for military spending and use it where it would be best served.

• Alien Nathan Edward@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

it’s mostly a gear refresh for our military anyway. we send them stuff we have stockpiled, then we spend the allocated money on new shit for us.

• highenergyphysics@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

I say we send volunteers from the US military directly, and all their equipment too. I’m sure we can find plenty of right wing dumbasses in the ranks to chew up. Solves three problems at once!

• splicerslicer@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I say that if we’re volunteering other people’s lives we start with yours. You can’t simultaneously say that the Russian military threat is real and also that people in the military have disposable lives. That’s precisely how Republicans view the military.