• linuxdweeb@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

This is a pretty funny image because the kid looks like they’re 8 and in full uniform, but there’s no way to know their age from this picture. They could be like 14, and a part time job at that age (or a bit younger) isn’t weird.

What’s weird and, frankly, extremely fucked up is some internet weirdo taking creepshots of a minor and posting it on Lemmy. What the fuck is wrong with you, OP? How would you feel if someone was posting pics like this of your kid on the internet?

• meat_popsicle@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Hmm. Maybe minors shouldn’t be working in that type of role if they can’t be photographed at work then? It’s a job in a business that serves the public, photography has to be assumed.

• Dr. Bob@lemmy.ca
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

I am getting downvoted in another thread for pointing out that in Canada it’s illegal to identify minors taking part in, or convicted of a crime. So I am not pro-nazi, just that we view those children as victims as well. People get weird about this stuff.

• linuxdweeb@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I’m not saying it’s illegal, just that it’s fucking creepy to take pictures of children like that. I know Lemmy is full of old weirdos, but this is just gross.

• uriel238@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

It’s creepy only if you assume malice on behalf of the photographer.

It’s also creepy that you assume malice on behalf of the photographer.

That kid is in full uniform and is a public-facing agent of the restaurant and the franchise. In the US.

That is the priority issue here. That is the first part of this that never should be happening in the 2020s.