• Omega@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    1 year ago

I’m seeing a lot of consumers with mixed feelings about this, actually. With most of the positives being that the Activision Blizzard toxic leadership will be replaced.

• Goronmon@kbin.socialOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        1 year ago

As much as some gamers will try to frame this as a win, he’s not losing…

There was no real outcome to this situation where Kotick loses. Either he stays, makes millions of dollars and continues to lead the company, or he leaves and makes millions of dollars during his exit. Those were always the two options.

• kingthrillgore@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Don’t worry, Microsoft will immediately defend and indemnity those who actually matter so nothing will change, really. Bobby will get a golden parachute, and nobody will care he was in Epstein’s rolodex.

But hey, Sony still gets Cod (and I know Microsoft will fuck them out of it the moment they can) so it’s all good right?

The industry is consolidating and the quality of the product is sinking. A correction in the form of a crash is overdue. As a former PlayStation exec said: the industry is not sustainable.

• masterspace@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

A tiny short term gain compared to the widespread decades long damage done by corporate consolidation.

• phi1997@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Considering how Bethesda under Microsoft has treated its trans workers, I don’t think Activision will get any better

• Simpsonator@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I kinda understand this point of view but I don’t see how it punishes anyone at Act/Blizz. Bobby Kotick walks away with a literal fortune and I doubt Microsoft fires the management to hire all new people. I’d like to see Act/Blizz shareholders sue the board and Kotick for corporate malfeasance instead and get that money back.

• Stovetop@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

People will forget all of the potential negatives as soon as Overwatch, Diablo, and Sekiro are added to GamePass.

• Sabata11792@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I hate Microsoft and don’t want to see them grow. But I also hate Blizzard. But I have also been hopelessly addicted to WoW since childhood and don’t want it to die. But Bliz also shits on wow every other expansion. Its a complicated mess but MS seems like the lesser evil since it seems only a matter of time before WoW gets the Overwatch and Diablo treatment.