24HOCS starting point!

I’ve decided to work on my full coverage project for #24HoursOfCrossStitch, as this one hasn’t had any love for a couple weeks so it’ll feel good to get some progress.

Of course, at 2 over 1 on 28ct fabric, 24 hours is often less visible progress than you might think 😅

The pattern is “Autumn Stories” from Paine Free Crafts, and for reference I’m currently at 25.26% complete!

Good luck to anyone else taking part. I believe in you!

#CrossStitch #24HOCS @lemmy_stitch

• witless@lemmy.nz
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

Good luck with your challenge! I’d love to see a progress pic next time you have it off the snaps, it looks beautiful.

Also, 28ct? Do you use a magnifier or anything?

• thegiddystitcher@lemm.eeM
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

I’ll definitely be taking it out for pics after the 24 hours is over, if nothing else than for a bit of motivation!

And actually no I don’t use a magnifier but definitely should. In fact, I’m gonna go order one now instead of just saying this repeatedly and then never doing it.

• MrJameGumb@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

It looks amazing so far! I’m astounded that you can keep so many threads going at once! I’m doing good to keep up with one at a time lol 😆

What are the little bendy things you’re using there?

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Thanks! Honestly most people are more organised with the threads than me but I just make it up as I go along, seems to work out fine.

The bendy things are magnetic cable ties, I’ve got the excess fabric rolled up at the sides and these hold it all in place. Should definitely have a grime guard on it as well to protect it, but they’re upstairs and I’m downstairs and you can see how this would be an impossible problem to solve.

link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      1 year ago

Note to self: Posting from Mastodon with a photo attached works, commenting apparently does not.

Oh well, here it is instead.

8 hour progress

Edit: And this image doesn’t show up on Mastodon so now I just look mad. Hooray for doing science.