Y’all seem like a bunch of friendly folk. I moved to the research triangle, North Carolina during the pandemic and need to rebuild my social circles. Unfortunately I work from home and have a toddler and an infant so meeting new people in real life has been extra challenging. Anyone in the area here? I’m building a 90s themed arcade in my shed, ask me anything!

• Hexorg@beehaw.orgOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I grew up playing PlayStation 1 and windows 98 PC. So everything from that era. My favorite PS1 games were front mission 3 and test drive 6. PC games - Doom 2, knights and merchants, Caesar 3, command and conquer.

There are a lot more that I played but these probably have the most hours in.

• Wayfinder@beehaw.org
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Awesome!

• Command and Conquer is a favorite of mine as well, I really hope they remaster Tiberian Sun like they did with Tiberian Dawn. They did a great job with the remaster, even with a newly recorded score from the original musician Frank Klepacki and the Tiberian Sons band

If you’ve not seen the upcoming RTS: DORF you should check it out. It’s on the open source OpenRA engine and really throws back to the Command and Conquer / Red Alert Era from the music to using 2D Sprites. I’m really excited for it.

• The MiSTer FPGA Project green_witch mentioned is amazing for early PC (pre-1995 usually) and Console preservation / recreation, especially if you want to save some space or can’t afford the original hardware / maintain it or have the space for it.

It can do early Computer cores like the 486DX33, Apple I, Apple II, Atari800, AtariST, Commodore C16, Commodore 64, MSX and more. It can also do the Playstation 1 even more accurate than most other methods or emulation. Really impressive.