This was a really hard decision for me but I purged all my posts, votes and comments via Shreddit. I then deleted all my accounts. I’ve been on Reddit since it was just a baby website. I love Reddit, the friends and the communities I was involved in changed my life for the better.

We’ll see how it goes but the only way we are going to win this fight is to walk away from Reddit. We have to send a message to them and the only way to do that is to hit them where it really hurts, right in the wallet.

Change is a good thing and I am ready to embrace it. I’m all in on kbin now. Let’s see where we go from here 🍻

• Senokir@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

I don’t even want to win any fight anymore. I don’t want to use Reddit regardless of what they do with the API anymore. The API changes and the way that they have reacted to the backlash is just the straw that broke the camel’s back. And even if they revert all of the changes it’s too late to take back the way they’ve acted.

• HopeOfTheGunblade@kbin.social
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

Y u p. I’d been thinking about getting out for a while; management of the site has sucked for some time, and it was pretty clear things weren’t going to get better. They have, instead, gotten significantly worse. This was a nice kick, with a lot of push towards getting a critical mass of users onto a new platform. Even if most of the reddfugees don’t stick, some will, and kbin / the fediverse can keep rolling forward. I deleted a 2 year account, and a 13 year account. Cya!