• KptnAutismus@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

honestly, i’m just gonna hook my TV up to a thinkcentre or some shit, my android TV is horrible to use. if they’re gonna make it difficult to use their product the way i want, i’m not gonna.

• 4lan@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Since it’s android you can make it work how you want it to.

Install a different launcher, like Projectivy and you can make your homescreen exactly what you want, no cluttered mess of ads

Get SmartTube for youtube

change what your buttons do with TVQuickActions

My dirt-cheap $20 walmart Android TV box now looks nothing like it did when I first booted it. Completely customized to how I want it to work. I even have it set up so my Disney button makes my livingroom lights dim for movies.

• KptnAutismus@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        6 months ago

i still need to purchase an extra device, since my tv runs on version 4 or something like that.

might as well use something that’s REALLY customizable. but i will definetely consider an ATV box.

• ftbd@feddit.de
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

AFAIK there is no netflix app on linux and browser playback is limited to 720p. And if you’re looking to avoid your TVs bloated, ad-ridden spyware OS I see no point in using microsoft’s bloated, ad-ridden spyware OS instead.