• bungle_in_the_jungle@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    6 months ago

How vital is it to play the Yuffie DLC? I avoided it because it came just long enough after the main game that I didn’t fancy re-learning how to play for a short DLC.

Admittedly, as may be apparent, I didn’t look too much into it.

• Stovetop@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

It’s probably not too vital. It sets up some new backstory for Yuffie (and also ties into some elements of Dirge of Cerberus of all things), but I am assuming Rebirth will sum up the important parts of Yuffie’s story so far, at least in broad strokes, for when she joins the party.

• top_ramen@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

Without spoiling anything, Intermission (Yuffie’s DLC) takes place in the middle of the Remake storyline and basically follows what she’s up to before presumably joining the party in Rebirth.

I like Yuffie as a character, so I enjoyed playing the DLC. But you could probably find a Twitch stream or no commentary Youtube playthrough to catch up on the story if you don’t want to play it and not miss out.

• MrScottyTay@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      6 months ago

The combat in the dlc is much more refined and felt like a sign of what’s to come in rebirth. It’s very fun mechanic wise, it actually makes the main game harder to play haha