• silence7@slrpnk.netOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

I suspect it’s more about realizing that he won’t get paid than anything else. Plenty of lawyers willing to defend the guilty when they’re paid to do it

• vzq@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      6 months ago

Plenty of lawyers willing to defend the guilty

As they should.

Justice can only be served when the defendant has had the opportunity to have a good defense.

• Telorand@reddthat.com
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

Trump is definitely guilty, and I agree that he deserves a defense, but unfortunately for him, it kind of goes out the window when he doesn’t respect the laws and courts that give him that right.

He has the right to a defense, not a good one, and that’s exactly what he’s getting because of his behavior.

• vzq@lemmy.blahaj.zone
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          6 months ago

He has the right to a defense, not a good one, and that’s exactly what he’s getting because of his behavior.

How about, he has a right to the best defense his ego will allow him to have?

• zurohki@aussie.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

I suspect quite a few would represent a former president for free just to have that on their resume, it’s being disbarred or named in future lawsuits that’s the deal-breaker.

• phx@lemmy.ca
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

When they think they have a chance to win, and even they can control their client