Lemme see your transcripts, Doc. I ain’t trusting my life to anything less than an A+, honor roll student.

• 200ok@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

And political leanings, religious beliefs, upbringing…

All of which can affect the type of care you might receive, regardless of a scientific diagnosis.

• driveway@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Well, the D people also doesn’t understand but they can’t even memorize it either.

• Björn Tantau@swg-empire.de
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

True.

I mean, ideally you have the A+ people that studied well, understand everything and retain that knowledge after graduation. Plus a ton of experience in the field, social abilities to handle all kinds of patients and pedagogical knowledge to transfer the necessary knowledge to the patients.

• greywolf0x1@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Pray, tell, does anyone know how to read and understand a course material and pass an exam on it without memorising?

In today’s world of abundant distractions, reading is hard enough, reading to understand while loading your brain with other interactions seems to be an insurmountable task.

• xigoi@lemmy.sdf.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I am not a medical student, so this may be a stupid question, but if the study material is something like the name of each muscle in the body, what is there to understand and not just memorize?

• RegalPotoo@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Typically, you’d need to maintain at least an A- average GPA to be accepted into the next year of study.