• Version@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    edit-2
    11 months ago

He probably means the people who riot, destroy cars, homes and businesses of average people.

Shooting them is wrong and this guy probably is a dickhead, yes, but a lot of normal, average citizens will agree to this.

Edit: To clarify, I mean that‘s how the right get‘s people on their side. Rioting will just result in more people agreeing with people like this guy, even if the message is absurd.

• 🐱TheCat@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Thats what SAYS he means but in actuality these guys mean a black person jogging on ‘their’ street.

To clarify, I’m saying there’s no way we can behave that will be accepted by the right, because they don’t speak honestly about what they want and they argue in bad faith. Trying to satisfy them is a mistake. Like trying to satisfy Putin.

• regeya@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Well I don’t think he meant anything other than that he probably agrees with the lyrics. Four people wrote the song and he’s not one of the songwriters. Also he’s not from a small town.

• pinkdrunkenelephants@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Why the fuck would he knowingly sing something he would know would cost him his reputation?

Answer: he knows the song is racist and agrees with the message.

• Alto@kbin.social
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Because he’s going to gain a large following amount the core base of die hard modern country music listeners. The people who are (rightfully) upset about it weren’t listening to him anyway.

• pinkdrunkenelephants@lemm.ee
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

🤦 I keep forgetting no one cares anymore and the U.S. is split up into factions. All the more reason for the left to arm themselves, I guess.

• Alto@kbin.social
              link
              fedilink
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

This isn’t really a new thing. Take the Dixie Chicks for example.

Not that I disagree with the second part, at all.