• @quilan@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 months ago

I consider Andor to be in a class of its own in quality. The cinematography & writing are simply amazing; it’s very clear that the show runners have something to say, and went to great lengths to bring that vision to the screen. Criminally underrated by the wider audience, I consider s1 to be in the ranks of the best tv shows I’ve seen, period, never mind just as star wars material.

• I don’t want to oversell it but I honestly think Andor is the best thing to come out of Star Wars in decades. It’s like the last flower of the franchise.

I don’t know how it could ever be topped. For me, it’s the peak of it all.

• Deceptichum
      link
      fedilink
      44 months ago

Really?

Is cleared if from my radar thinking it was more of the usual , but maybe I’ll give it a look.

• Not to give anything away, but there is a three (or so?) episode arc in the middle with Andy Circus (sp? Anyway, the guy who played Gollum) that is standalone some of the best television I’ve never seen. Like, it’s such great incisive sci-fi anti corporate commentary, I don’t know how a corporation green lit this

• @CarbonatedPastaSauce@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        24 months ago

It’s definitely not more of the same. It stands apart in tone, quality, and execution. It is in the right place in that picture, on top, front and center.

• Deceptichum
          link
          fedilink
          24 months ago

Wow I fell asleep last night and completely forgot I was going to watch this today. Thanks for the reminder!

• @esc27@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      54 months ago

I reached it midway through mandalorian season 3. Still haven’t finished it or watched any of the series that came out since.

• @Macaroni_ninja@lemmy.world
            link
            fedilink
            34 months ago

Or I just like enjoying a well told story without the need to previously see dozens of hours worth of content which is remotely relevant in order to understand every reference and know each character’s backstory.

• @worldsayshi@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        14 months ago

The only things I’ve watched of these is Rogue One and Andor and I doubt the other things is up in the same class but I might be wrong.

• ShadowCat
    link
    fedilink
    English
    174 months ago

Mando season 1 and 2 yes, 3rd season not so much. Andor was fantastic, Ahsoka was ok, Rogue One was fantastic. Clone Wars S7 wasn’t technically Disney as it was mostly just finishing the animation with a few changes. I enjoyed Bad Batch, but it’s no clone wars and Tales of the Jedi was very good.

Am surprised Rebels isn’t on here, I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve been rewatching it with a friend and it’s very enjoyable

• @BlazeOP
      link
      64 months ago

Am surprised Rebels isn’t on here, I know it’s not everyone’s cup of tea but I’ve been rewatching it with a friend and it’s very enjoyable

Well spotted, I guess Rebels is considered as the follow-up of Clone Wars?

• @MagicShel@programming.dev
        link
        fedilink
        84 months ago

Bad Batch is really that. Rebels is its own thing, unless you wrap it with Ahsoka. Rebels had a mediocre first season but after that it’s definitely top tier material.

• ShadowCat
        link
        fedilink
        English
        44 months ago

As the other comment said, it’s not really a follow up. We do get characters from the Clone Wars appearing in it that you really need to have seen Clone Wars for but for the most part it is a seperate thing. Bad Batch is really the Clone Wars sequel, with lots of familiar characters and continuing the story of the clones as a whole

• soli
      link
      fedilink
      14 months ago

I have to be honest, I forgot about Rebels. By the end of Season 2 it started putting out some real bangers. Don’t blame anyone for not being into a kids adventure staring a brat with a laser slingshot, but I enjoyed it more than I did the Bad Batch.

• freamon
    link
    fedilink
    English
    edit-2
    4 months ago

MINUS: Ahsoka

PLUS: ‘Star Wars Visions’ or ‘Galaxy of Sounds’

• @BlazeOP
      link
      44 months ago

I still have to watch Visions

• @BlazeOP
    link
    44 months ago

I only watched Rogue One and Tales of the Jedi, and I find them both quality content.

• @Ashyr@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      214 months ago

You should definitely watch Andor, it’s perhaps some of the best Star Wars content ever made. It is the only piece of the Disney content that can stand beside the original trilogy and, perhaps, has more to say. It’s very good.

I haven’t bothered with Mandalorian season 3, but seasons 1 and 2 were good in different ways. Based on initial responses, I don’t think I’ll ever watch season 3.

• @BlazeOP
        link
        84 months ago

You should definitely watch Andor, it’s perhaps some of the best Star Wars content ever made. It is the only piece of the Disney content that can stand beside the original trilogy and, perhaps, has more to say. It’s very good.

Thanks, I’ll give it a try!

• @BlazeOP
            link
            44 months ago

I’ll probably post here when I’m done

• RBG
              link
              54 months ago

It starts a bit slow though, so maybe watch 2-3 episodes if you don’t like it immediately.

• Shalakushka
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 months ago

(Sorry, I missed the “Disney” in the title) If it is, I guess I don’t like Star Wars anymore. I haven’t seen Andor but it’s the only one I’m interested in.

I found clone wars and rebels unwatchable and have to imagine most of their fans got into the shows as kids. I didn’t bother with Ahsoka because I don’t like Ahsoka and I actually like the old Thrawn novels they are now trying badly to replace.

The Mandalorian was OK TV for a season but frankly went nowhere. They should have killed him off and followed someone new after a season or two when the show ran it’s course. But making good TV isn’t Disneys motivation, it’s making money, so they will make the Mandalorian chase dark saber after dark saber until people stop watching.

Rogue One was OK but would have been much better with about half the cast so we could actually learn about and give a shit about any of the characters. The entire Tantive IV scene was unneeded and would have worked better as subtext.

• N-E-N
    link
    fedilink
    34 months ago

I thought Mandalorian was pretty mediocre tbh

• @Honytawk@lemmy.zip
      link
      fedilink
      04 months ago

It was pretty good, only the ending in the Boba Fett series really fucked it up.

Made the whole journey worthless.

Kind of like the Last of Us ending.

• soli
    link
    fedilink
    edit-2
    4 months ago

Ahsoka was a meh for me. I didn’t hate it, but all the live action stuff of her has been really disappointing. Becoming a Jedi again just feels like wasted potential and cheapens the most interesting thing she ever did.