• WanderingVentra@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

I played the Remake in front of my wife and she liked it a lot. I’m afraid to play Rebirth in front of her though in case it’s too different or has too much needed knowledge of the original to make sense. I need her to feel the same things I felt playing the original, but I have a feeling they’re going to save certain characters that died or change other iconic events, just because of what happened at the end of the first game and it’s implication that “anything can happen now”. It sort of implies they’re going to do that.

They already saved one character who died, which I don’t mind if they saved that one, but it’s undeniable that it changes a lot. I’m thinking more of other characters (being vague in case she ever finds my account, or in case other people like her managed to avoid those spoilers).

I’m nervous. I offered to play the original in front of her, but she wants to see it with the good graphics and voice acting. And she’s deliberately avoided seeking out spoilers for the original online, even though she normally does.

• Wugger@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

Remake is the only game a paid full price to play day 1 last generation,and its also one of the few I sold back. Most be don’t seem to mind but I can’t accept the changes they’ve made to the story.

I am convinced no other characters are going to manage to stay dead either.

May ill pick up a used copy cheap someday.

• WanderingVentra@lemm.ee
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

The gameplay is amazing, probably my favorite battle system in a Final Fantasy. It’s such a good combination of the classic ATB plus an action game in my opinion. But ya, the story, the part everyone likes most and remembers about rpg’s, definitely makes me nervous.

I’m in a pickle, though, because she loved the story of the first game and doesn’t want to put up with the graphics of a PS1 game, so I guess I’m going to have to get Rebirth lol. I’m crossing my fingers that the changes in the Remake don’t ruin everything that made the original good as I go through the rest of the story.

• Wugger@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          5 months ago

I agree with you on the combat. That part was the one change I always wanted, and they at least did that part well.