• DrM@feddit.de
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

Can confirm the german part: In my gym there recently was an outrage because a Muslim member went to the Sauna with bathing clothes multiple times, which in the end resulted in his contract being terminated. Being naked in the sauna is almost the law here (but in the end nobody cares if you wear your towel or put it below you. Just remember: No sweat on wood!)

• tamal3@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I’ve never been in a sauna. What do you mean by no sweat on wood? Isn’t the entire experience sweaty?

• DrM@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        5 months ago

I don’t know how it’s outside of Germany, but at least in Germany in every public sauna there are signs saying “No sweat on wood!” (or in German: “Kein Schweiß aufs Holz!”)

What this should mean is that too keep the wood from getting too much salt exposure, you should always sit or lay on a big towel which prevents your body from touching the wood.

Of course the experience is extremely sweaty, thats the reason to go there, so you’re correct on that part :)

• ebikefolder@feddit.de
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

It is. That’s why you should sit on a towel, instead of directly on the bench, with your nekkid sweaty butt.