Sousou no Frieren, episode 19

Reminder: Please do not discuss plot points not yet seen or skipped in the show. Failing to follow the rules may result in a ban.

Streams

Show information

All discussions

Episode Link Episode Link
5 Link 18 Link
6 Link 19 Link
7 Link 20 Link
8 Link 21 Link
9 Link 22 Link
10 Link 23 Link
11 Link 24 Link
12 Link 25 Link
13 Link 26 Link
14 Link 27 Link
15 Link 28 Link
16 Link
17 Link

This post was created by a bot. Message the mod team for feedback and comments. The original source code can be found on GitHub.

• Lvxferre@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    vor 5 Monaten

Frieren and Fern are the only magical girls that I care about.

Damn, I’m glad that I’ve read the relevant manga chapter a long time ago. I forgot about this arc and all its little wonders: screwing with the water so the Stille won’t get near it, the battle junkie in Fern’s party, and how amazing of a mage Fern has become. Why use more advanced spells, if the simpler ones are more reliable?

• wjs018@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      vor 5 Monaten

I am in the same boat as you. I read these chapters long enough ago that I almost feel like an anime-only. The only character I remember pretty well from this arc is Denken (plus a certain character that has been teased in both OPs now) and he has been great so far. I really like the VA they have for him.

• zabadoh@ani.social
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    vor 5 Monaten

The first part of the First Class Mage Exam continues.

How do you think Fern’s group

spoiler

captured their Stille?

Freiren had a cool plan though.

Can I just say how great the soundtrack is?

The art too. The characters are drawn very carefully, even characters we may not see again.

I’m thinking this episode might be worth watching a second time, it’s that good.

• wjs018@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      vor 5 Monaten

The soundtrack and background art has been phenomenal for this show all season. In a recent Sakugablog post, they talked about Frieren and the stellar team of animators/staff they assembled for the production. One person they give a lot of credit to is Seiko Yoshioka, who is credited as a concept artist for the show. However, it seems that her influence has been enormous on the overall art direction and she has had a significant role in expanding the imagery and visual lore that we see within the world.

Overall, Frieren has not missed all season. Frieren was one of my favorite manga and it has also become one of my favorite anime (so far).

Also, I wish we knew how Fern’s group did it, but it isn’t in the source either. I actually went back and checked because it was bothering me too.

• vvvvv@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    vor 5 Monaten

Bird going sonic boom is just too funny:

Nice flex bro

Also interesting how both Frieren and Denken think about relation of their owl power as mages and the power of society.

• zabadoh@ani.social
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      vor 5 Monaten

I liked the Stille sitting on the exam guy’s teapot that was shown at least twice.

• vvvvv@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        edit-2
        vor 5 Monaten

Well I totally missed that when it was shown once in the manga. They got a nice room upgrade too.