Hello, as per title I’m trying to play EFT through Lutris. I used the installer on the website and everything seem to be working (launcher starts and game launches) but I can’t join raids. Tried three times a scav raid but I always get disconnected when it’s actually time to join.

Anyone knows what could the problem be?

Thanks in advance!

edit: nevermind, found a guided installation video from last year and it looks like multiplayer isn’t supported at the moment

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    6 months ago

Actually, just tried it now, I can get into offline raids without issues. Just much lower FPS compare to Windows (although I haven’t played in a long time, so I don’t know if an update tanked performances).

I installed it with the Lutris script and modified nothing, so try again!

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      6 months ago

Y’know, that is true- but its actually running substantially better than I anticipated. The lowest FPS I got on interchange was 60 which is still playable.

Ground zero is a no-go, though. That was running at 20 FPS at best. I haven’t tried streets yet.

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        6 months ago

I have a very outdated PC so even with the lowest settings possible I get less than 60 on Woods, with drops when I fire weapons. Haven’t tried other maps yet. Still, as I said, dom’t know how much of it is because of game updates/snow and how much is because of Wine. Not that it matters too much, since without multiplayer I won’t spend much time playing EFT lol

Is there any way to have some semblance of progression in offline raids? Playing like this is kind of boring, especially since I can’t really make money and get better or more interesting kits besides the ones you start with. Guess I could study and learn the maps in hopes to have a fully working MP in future lol

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          6 months ago

There are a couple projects ongoing for playing tarkov in a single-player fashion. I have not been paying attention to them for a while now, though. Those are SPTarkov and Tarkov AKI.

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            arrow-down
            ·
            6 months ago

Thanks, I’ll check those out! Appreciated