Hello, as per title I’m trying to play EFT through Lutris. I used the installer on the website and everything seem to be working (launcher starts and game launches) but I can’t join raids. Tried three times a scav raid but I always get disconnected when it’s actually time to join.

Anyone knows what could the problem be?

Thanks in advance!

edit: nevermind, found a guided installation video from last year and it looks like multiplayer isn’t supported at the moment

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

Huh, surprising timing, I was just fiddling with this this morning.

There is an installer directly in the lutris website

I have found that you cannot connect to a raid. I get a ‘run aborted’ message when trying to scan in and when trying a practice run with my PMC I get ‘Object reference not set to an instance of an object.’

Aside from that and hitching during new areas, it runs pretty well on my setup, going off the hideout and prayer models.

I suspect some tweaking is needed with protontricks and I think that Battleye is also still the final hurdle for getting EFT fully working. Battleye does have Linux support in theory apparently. Not sure what specifically is causing the errors.

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      5 months ago

Same thing I experience. The issue has to lie somewhere with BE implementation, since the offline raids work. Hopefully they’ll fix it someday

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

I actually found the offline raids don’t work for me atm, unfortunately

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

Actually, just tried it now, I can get into offline raids without issues. Just much lower FPS compare to Windows (although I haven’t played in a long time, so I don’t know if an update tanked performances).

I installed it with the Lutris script and modified nothing, so try again!

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Y’know, that is true- but its actually running substantially better than I anticipated. The lowest FPS I got on interchange was 60 which is still playable.

Ground zero is a no-go, though. That was running at 20 FPS at best. I haven’t tried streets yet.

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              arrow-down
              ·
              5 months ago

I have a very outdated PC so even with the lowest settings possible I get less than 60 on Woods, with drops when I fire weapons. Haven’t tried other maps yet. Still, as I said, dom’t know how much of it is because of game updates/snow and how much is because of Wine. Not that it matters too much, since without multiplayer I won’t spend much time playing EFT lol

Is there any way to have some semblance of progression in offline raids? Playing like this is kind of boring, especially since I can’t really make money and get better or more interesting kits besides the ones you start with. Guess I could study and learn the maps in hopes to have a fully working MP in future lol

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                5 months ago

There are a couple projects ongoing for playing tarkov in a single-player fashion. I have not been paying attention to them for a while now, though. Those are SPTarkov and Tarkov AKI.

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  arrow-down
                  ·
                  5 months ago

Thanks, I’ll check those out! Appreciated

• bec@lemmy.mlOP
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          5 months ago

Oh, I see, I haven’t checked that yet, I assumed things couldn’t have gotten worse than the video I watched, but I guess I was wrong lol

• _NoName_@lemmy.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            5 months ago

Well, now since I followed I video tutorial, it had me install the proton Batteye runtime and add its path as a variable in the config settings, and now I can do the offline raids. That’s some progress.

Still will have to wait for online, though. Unfortunate.