I’m trying to never go back to the other place, but the thing I miss is that there was always a lively conversation going on somewhere. On lemmy, it seems people don’t want to just have a conversation-it’s either serious or techy- I’m looking for light conversations?

Does this happen anywhere on lemmy where responses to your comments come sooner than a day, and people are just sort of in the ‘lobby’ chatting?

• canthidium@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

How long have you been there? I left LA the first time when I was 17 for 10 years (military). Then came home for about 8 and left again for here and I don’t think I’m going anywhere.

• toasteranimation@lemmy.worldOP
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        11 months ago

Since the 1980s lol. I said BACK to CO only because I spent a summer in Estes Park, and always imagined I’d come back to live out there

• canthidium@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Oh wow. I would highly recommend it. I love Colorado. I was hesitant to come, but I can’t imagine living in the South again. Mostly the politics and racism. I’m half Korean and I just never felt accepted in the south. Always felt out of place.

• toasteranimation@lemmy.worldOP
                link
                fedilink
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

I see the politics getting more progressive out there, but I remember it being different way back. I need to get my head out of the 90s

• canthidium@lemmy.world
                  link
                  fedilink
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  11 months ago

How progressive CO is is one of the main things I love about it. We have an openly gay governor and he’s always doing things to help us out. There’s definitely pockets of far right. I see trump and maga stickers all the time, but I’ve yet to encounter any actual racism directed at me. It happened nearly every day back in LA.