I’m trying to never go back to the other place, but the thing I miss is that there was always a lively conversation going on somewhere. On lemmy, it seems people don’t want to just have a conversation-it’s either serious or techy- I’m looking for light conversations?

Does this happen anywhere on lemmy where responses to your comments come sooner than a day, and people are just sort of in the ‘lobby’ chatting?

• toasteranimation@lemmy.worldOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

I’ve been trying to focus on inspiring civilized conversations, while occasionally challenging an idea if I have a differing point of view, but only when saying so adds something to the conversation. I was guilty of getting in some spats on Reddit, but usually with trolls who were asking for it-kind of irresistible sometimes over there. I too have been educated by some very patient people here on lemmy when I came over clueless about it and activitypub in general. I’ve had some great in-depth conversations, just looking for the casual lobby where I could do stuff like help newbs (I like to share what I learn) that sort of thing