Have some fucking dignity and respect for others. My neighbor leaves his hound dogs to bark and howl all night long. If you do the same, fuck yourself.

• lechatron@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Check your local laws, but in most places you can call and report dogs that are barking at night. You can also usually report a dog that is barking constantly for 15min or more during the day.

• Kaliax@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

This is the worst, especially in the suburbs. When I finally called on my psychopath backyard losers the Animal Control officer stated clear and bold: “hounds should be illegal in the suburbs…”. Spoiler: they are not.

After calling AC, these same people have gone on to harass my family. Flipping off my partner and young kids at elementary SCHOOL. Playing explicit death-metal music as soon as their webcams alert them we are in our yard… I’ll never get over hearing “…hey Alexa…”, cue hateful music that never happened before (it stops once we are back in our home). I’ve talked to two attorneys and there is nothing we can do, aside from embarrassing and reaching civil suits. We’ve been in this neighborhood for almost 30 years and have never had an issue. They’ve been here for 3 years.

Anyways, long rant about an awful circumstance. And before anyone posts about “I’d do ‘this or that’ to them…” keep in mind that if litigation occurs, the last thing I will have documented is a harassment response from me and mine.

Lol, thanks for reading! If only you could pick your “neighbors”!!!

• Bob@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Jesus Christ I don’t even let my dog bark during the day. I always bring him inside. What the hell is wrong with people?

• lechatron@lemmy.world
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

I feel so lucky. My dog rarely barks. I can leave him outside and nothing. If the back door latches and he can’t get back in he’ll give a couple barks to alert me. He occasionally barks when we get deliveries, but that’s really rare.

• sj_zero@lotide.fbxl.net
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Other than having some empathy that maybe the neighbor has been legitimately trying and failing and the dog just refuses to stop barking and they’re stressed out and don’t know what to do about it, it’s more likely that they’re just being pieces of shit as you say.

If you’re getting a dog, learn to train your dog and that includes learning how to stop them from barking all night long.

• panCat@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Well In recent past I have read news about dogs attacking delivery men and children and the dog owners had no remorse until they were sued !

• Krinkles@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah those are also shit dog owners. We take our dogs for walks in family neighborhoods and before I even try and get my dogs out of the car, I look both ways to ensure there are not others out walking or other dogs to minimize chances of something bad happening

• იႦაႵმყიიႶ@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

Agreed. Dog people usually don’t have consideration for others though, but I said ‘usually’, there are some decent hyoomans out there. Sorry you and your neighbors have to deal with that :(

• Cows Look Like Maps@sh.itjust.works
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

I’ve seen it again and again, an owner gets a dog, doesn’t train it and blames their dog for acting up.

Meanwhile the rest of the responsible dog owners put in hours and hours of training and gained an empathetic member of the family.

• Krinkles@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      11 months ago

Yeah, we have three dogs and constantly work hard to ensure they aren’t outside barking or being crazy. Some people are just shit, but ty for your kind words lol