Have some fucking dignity and respect for others. My neighbor leaves his hound dogs to bark and howl all night long. If you do the same, fuck yourself.

• Kaliax@lemmy.sdf.org
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    11 months ago

This is the worst, especially in the suburbs. When I finally called on my psychopath backyard losers the Animal Control officer stated clear and bold: “hounds should be illegal in the suburbs…”. Spoiler: they are not.

After calling AC, these same people have gone on to harass my family. Flipping off my partner and young kids at elementary SCHOOL. Playing explicit death-metal music as soon as their webcams alert them we are in our yard… I’ll never get over hearing “…hey Alexa…”, cue hateful music that never happened before (it stops once we are back in our home). I’ve talked to two attorneys and there is nothing we can do, aside from embarrassing and reaching civil suits. We’ve been in this neighborhood for almost 30 years and have never had an issue. They’ve been here for 3 years.

Anyways, long rant about an awful circumstance. And before anyone posts about “I’d do ‘this or that’ to them…” keep in mind that if litigation occurs, the last thing I will have documented is a harassment response from me and mine.

Lol, thanks for reading! If only you could pick your “neighbors”!!!