• WackyTabbacy42069@reddthat.comOP
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    1 year ago

My ulterior motives are the same as yours: convey a strong opinion. It’s not like making others as optimistic about this as I am will change anything. Even if we both agreed to forget the concept, the cat is out of the bag; open sourced LLMs are getting better and access is getting cheaper. Everyone is impotent to stop what’s about to happen, it’s as futile as trying to stop torrenting copyrighted media. And more advanced they become, the less people need to be involved to make a large impact with it.

Also to clarify, ChatGPT and GPT-4 are two different AIs with different capabilities. I used GPT-4, the better AI. There are many different LLM AIs out there now with varied strengths, weaknesses, and attitudes. ChatGPT is old news, so please don’t use it as your sole resource to judge LLMs (especially as you haven’t used it yet).

The language it’s taught me is valid; the programs successful. I have programming knowledge, but its expertise often surpasses my own and is thus an invaluable resource. There is remarkably limited risk in using it as the tools are limited in scope and I am not a programmer by profession (it just helps); in any case, it writes secure code mostly and is only getting better over time. I imagine soon its kind will take over this domain entirely as their context limits and capabilities continue to grow.

You’re probably seeing so many crypto bros liking this AI because they’re much more risk tolerant than the average person. These AIs are as much a risk as they are an opportunity. While I am optimistic, I fully recognize that things could go horribly wrong.

With an opinion as strong as yours, I only ask that you look into it more before being so confident in your dismissal. At least try it out first before you denounce it as worthless and disregard the experiences of others