I plan on riding bike for often and while I have invest and will continue to invest in the typical security measures (D lock, wheel lock, etc.). However, in the extreme case that it should get stolen I want a way to track it down. I was thinking about getting a Tile tracking and place it within the frame of my bike but there’s a better way please suggest it. Thanks in advance!

• /home/pineapplelover@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    edit-2
    5 months ago

You’re basically stuck with either Tile or Airtags. Most likely will see more success with Airtags, but if you’re in a dense area, Tiles would probably ping as well.

Edit: Apparently Amazon is partners with Tile. Sooo pick your poison. Let me know what you pick, it could be useful for me as well. I have an old iphone 7 that could be used to set one up and my old apple account still works. So I might be able to set up the airtag thing in the future if need be.

• SpiceDealer@lemmy.worldOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

As I stated in another reply, being an Android user my choice is going to be Tile. I know Samsung has something called Smart Tags but I’ve heard they’re garbage.