• MudMan@kbin.social
    link
    fedilink
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

They specifically said “sub 6 inch display”, this is 5.9 inches. I’m meeting the brief here.

I mean, the other answer to that is that he could go for the vanilla iPhone, but they also said they want an Android phone, so this is the smallest thing with fairly high specs you can find right now and it’s stil a couple fractions of an inch smaller than the small iPhone.

• notthebees@reddthat.com
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

I have no idea why the brief says sub 6 inches when the target is the iphone mini, which is 5.4 inches. Like the Zenfone is a normal sized phone, just marketed as “compact”.

• MudMan@kbin.social
        link
        fedilink
        arrow-up
        ·
        5 months ago

It is the smallest I could find on Android, though. The other ones people are recommending is the vanilla S23, and the Pixel 7a, both of which are a 2-3mm wider, like the iPhone is.

I think you’re uinderestimating the size difference, though. These things are 60-70ish mm wide. The short side of your thumb is what? 5-8 cm? If my current phone was the width of the Zenfone I would be able to reach the opposite edge with my thumb even with a full wrap-around grip, which is now… well, a couple mm out of reach.

That said, yeah, it’s not a 4 inch phone (which bezel-less today would be more like a 5 inch screen). If that’s what you want these days I think what the manufacturers are expecting you’ll buy on the flagship end is a foldable. Which I wouldn’t. But that’s the idea at play, I think.