In short Republicans are going to screw over 23 million poor Americans because they don’t want Democrats getting political credit for helping them during an election season. And because our press is generally broken and afraid of calling a duck a duck, this is going to get dressed up as a genuine concern about wasteful spending by a party that’s long been a huge fan of no shortage of wasteful spending.

• Xhieron@lemmy.world
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    arrow-down
    ·
    5 months ago

Man, that sounds pretty awful. I guess everybody should just stay home in November then, huh, comrade?

• Snot Flickerman@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

Do you have anything to critique the position other than parroting the idea that anyone who rightly critiques Democrats must be a Russian plant?

As a voting US citizen who keeps voting Democrat because the other options are worse, I think it’s fair for me to be upset that they’re willing to allow fascism to happen and will not stand up to safeguard democracy when it matters (they haven’t so far!), and it’s a pretty sickening and conspiratorial mindset to accuse anyone of a differing opinion of being “pAiD bY rUsSiA.”

It’s pretty pathetic, so do you have a real argument or just more conspiracy minded bullshit that makes you sound as bad as the pizzagate chucklefucks?

“Everyone who disagrees with me is a Russian plant!!!” is getting pretty fucking old dude.