In short Republicans are going to screw over 23 million poor Americans because they don’t want Democrats getting political credit for helping them during an election season. And because our press is generally broken and afraid of calling a duck a duck, this is going to get dressed up as a genuine concern about wasteful spending by a party that’s long been a huge fan of no shortage of wasteful spending.

• Snot Flickerman@lemmy.blahaj.zone
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      arrow-down
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

I actually don’t think you do, or you wouldn’t be jerking off the people who are currently glad-handing the Israeli version of Trump.

Also, not an actual argument or rebuttal.

So got it, all you’ve got is conspiratorial bullshit to spew.

You sound more like a paid operative than I do. I can defend my fucking opinions and don’t need a script.

Also, being a paid political operative isn’t illegal in the USA, and it’s been well-documented that both Republicans and Democrats use them, so take a fucking hike with this bullshit. There’s a reason Democrats haven’t made it illegal, and it’s because it’s useful to them, too. Currently paid operatives don’t have to say they’re being paid to promote a position, like you have to in a political ad. Why isn’t this on Democrats agenda, hmmm? If paid operatives are such a problem, hmmm?

• Xhieron@lemmy.world
        link
        fedilink
        English
        arrow-up
        arrow-down
        ·
        5 months ago

Oh! Got it. You’re a both sides guy. That makes a lot of sense. Yeah, we’re done. Take it easy.

• Aleric@lemmy.world
          link
          fedilink
          arrow-up
          arrow-down
          ·
          edit-2
          5 months ago

Your arguments and rebuttals have more holes than a wheel of Emmentaler. They don’t even make sense under the most cursory scrutiny. Whether you agree with the other guy or not, you’re shorting yourself by not deeply analyzing your opinions to see if they’re both internally and externally congruent. Everyone really owes themselves that.