Got this message this morning, they seem to be able to see us when logged out, but can’t interact once logged in. :(

• athlon@lemm.ee
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

The issue was me setting “undetermined” as my preferred language. Turns out, you must press “X” in the web ui right next to the preferred language option.

In the essence, preferred language may have “undetermined” and “null” (both displayed in the front-end as “Undetermined”) as a valid entry, while neither being the exact same value in back-end, but being the same for the front-end.

• athlon@lemm.ee
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

That was me. Sorry, was waiting for my brother’s results in the hospital, and I tried to occupy my mind with anything that’s not his health right now. I only slept for 3 hours in the past 32 hours 😅

I’ll try to spell “renaissance” good next time.

• chumbalumber@lemmy.blahaj.zone
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            11 months ago

That’s actually them making that comment (calling themselves a prick as a joke). I don’t normally read usernames so thought I’d clarify it for you.

• chumbalumber@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                link
                fedilink
                English
                arrow-up
                ·
                11 months ago

If you think so; my reading (given they seemed embarrassed about their misspelling in the reply above) was that their comment was self-deprecatory. It’s certainly a style of joke I’ve made before.

• ezri@lemmy.blahaj.zone
                  link
                  fedilink
                  English
                  arrow-up
                  ·
                  edit-2
                  11 months ago

Could be. My reading was based on them going off on Stella in another comment. I definitely didn’t interpret that comment as “embarrassed”