Discussion questions:

What video games have you played recently?

What are your favorite video game genres?

Question of the week:

What game have you completed recently and what are your thoughts on it?

• ☆ Yσɠƚԋσʂ ☆@lemmygrad.ml
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    11 months ago

Playing Chained Echoes right now, it’s pretty fun and feels a lot like Chrono Trigger. Definitely recommend for anybody who likes old school JRPGs.

Sifu was another fun game I played recently, really good fighting mechanics that feel very fluid and look cinematic.

Afterparty was a fun story based game I can recommend for people looking for something casual.

I find I tend to like indie games nowadays because they tend to be shorter and mechanics are simpler, so you can just pick it up and play it for a bit without having to really get into it.

My fav genres are roguelike and story based games, in particular I really liked pretty much everything Telltale games made. I find they always have excellent writing in their games.

I used to play a lot of FPS and RTS games, but last RTS I played was SC2, and for FPS it was Titanfall 2 which was a ton of fun.

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      11 months ago

Does Sifu have much of a story? It’s one I’ve had some interest in but don’t know much about it

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          11 months ago

Gotcha. I still probably will give it a try but have been interested in it because Sleeping Dogs is one of my favorite games

• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
              link
              fedilink
              English
              arrow-up
              ·
              11 months ago

I absolutely highly recommend. It’s quite cheap during sales and doesn’t require a very powerful PC. It’s a fantastic game with an amazing atmosphere and a very written story