• rjs001@lemmygrad.ml
          link
          fedilink
          English
          arrow-up
          ·
          1 year ago

Absolutely. Ukraine pretends to have the intrestes of the civilians at heart but it only serving the western capitalists over their own people. If Zelensky and his dictatorship cared about the Ukrainian people they would have went against NATO to form a peace treaty. Rather than that, he serves American weapon manufacturers

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
            link
            fedilink
            English
            arrow-up
            ·
            1 year ago

If Zelensky and his dictatorship cared about the Ukrainian people they would have went against NATO to form a peace treaty.

Which by all accounts, they had multiple close attempts at until the NATO Overlords put a stop to it. Not only would they have saved many lives, they probably would have ended up with better terms than they would get now. Even if he didn’t give a shit about his people, and I don’t think he does, the country would have been better off taking the deals that had already been negotiated.

• Addfwyn@lemmygrad.ml
      link
      fedilink
      English
      arrow-up
      ·
      1 year ago

We can only hope that as many of those people are in the platoons that have surrendered as possible. Which honestly seems likely to me, the far-right elements are not going to surrender because they know they wouldn’t be treated quite as kindly.

I don’t want any more innocent civilians to die if it can be avoided, and I do consider children and elderly thrown into the front lines with a gun and a salute to be civilians.