I know some of you consider this as documented whining. I hear you but won’t stop sharing my opinion and reminding. I recommend continuing commenting on the original post to keep it a bit organized (this post is a link to it)

Update: this thread has gotten out of hand. This is not what I intended, this is not what anybody should want. Let’s leave it at this, for now.

• Joker
    link
    fedilink
    English
    arrow-up
    ·
    5 months ago

So help him out instead of trying to steal the project out from under him. I see there are other contributors in the kbin repository. This fork comes off as really sleazy.

Ernest put in the work and established a community. Now somebody comes along and tries to move that community over to a fork. That’s some bullshit. Zero creativity with the name too. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this group tries to monetize this thing if they manage to replace kbin. Community-focused my ass. If it was community-focused, you wouldn’t be on here trying to split the community.

• melroy@kbin.melroy.org
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      5 months ago

It’s a long story… I did help Ernest / Kbin for quite a while actually. Feel free to contribute to kbin.

• TheVillageGuy@kbin.melroy.orgOP
      link
      fedilink
      arrow-up
      ·
      edit-2
      5 months ago

I have offered him my help, several times, when he finally responded he explained he’s bad at excepting help. That’s fine, but that’s one of the things which, as I’ve said in this thread before, makes him unsuitable for running kbin.social by himself